The Canon EF 180mm f3.5L Macro USM Autofocus Lens is a macro lens with a maximum magnification of 1x. Life-size close-ups can be taken from a farther distance without disturbing the subject (insects, etc.). The internal floating system minimizes fluctuations in aberrations caused by changes in the focusing distance. Optical performance is outstanding from 1x to infinity. It shoots high quality photos throughout the focusing distance range from 1x to infinity. Three UD-glass elements are present in order to correct any residual chromatic aberrations. Operability is further enhanced through a wide manual focus ring. Another advantage of this lens is its internal focusing feature which does not cause the lens length to change or the front element to rotate. This lens incorporates distance information with E-TTL II (body independent) flash units. Internal Focusing, Floating Element Compatible with EF Extender 1.4x and 2x (manual focus only with Extender 2x).
Bring small things into full-sized view with the Canon EF 180mm macro USM lens. Macro lenses can uncover detail that would be impossible to detect by the eye and give new perspective to extremely minute subjects such as insects or the petals of a small flower, and this lens is no exception. The 180mm lens offers such features as three UD glass elements and an internal floating system, which combine to minimize aberrations caused by changes in the focusing distance; an advanced ultra-sonic monitor (USM) for high-speed, quiet autofocusing; full-time mechanical manual focusing; and a focusing distance range of 1.57 feet to infinity. Compatible with the EF Extender 1.4x and 2x, the lens carries a one-year warranty.
- Focal length: 180mm
- Maximum aperture: 1:3.5
- Lens construction: 14 elements in 12 groups
- Diagonal angle of view: 13 degrees (at 30 feet)
- Focus adjustment: Inner focusing system with USM
- Closest focusing distance: 1.6 feet
- Filter size: 72mm
- Dimensions: 3.2 inches in diameter, 7.3 inches long
- Weight: 2.4 pounds
- 180mm macro lens with f/3.5 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras
- 3 UD glass elements and internal floating system combine to minimize aberrations
- Advanced ultra-sonic monitor (USM) for high-speed, quiet autofocusing
- Focusing distance range of 1.57 feet to infinity; supports EF Extender 1.4x and 2x
- Measures 3.2 inches in diameter and 7.3 inches long; weighs 2.4 pounds; 1-year warranty